UMR 5149 – Institut Montpelliérain Alexander Grothendieck (IMAG)
Place Eugène Bataillon
Contexte : The Data & Life Sciences initiative aims at offering services to life scientists in Montpellier and at contributing to the development of methods and software to analyze large-scale data in the fields of health, environment and agronomy. The initiative is hiring a pool of 3 research engineers. They will provide support to the community of life scientists in the area of data management and processing, in coordination with existing service activities at BioCampus, MBB, hospitals, ICM and IRCM platforms.
We are looking for a motivated and talented bioinformatician who has a relevant experience in the domain of bioinformatics with respect to high-throughput technology data.
The candidate must be fluent in both written and spoken English and possess good presentation and communication skills. A PhD in bioinformatics would be an asset. He/She should be able to interact with people with diverse backgrounds and skills in bioinformatics and biology.
Mission principale : The successful biostatistician candidate will apply his/her knowledge creatively to statistical problems in the biological and health sciences, with a focus on, but not limited to, medical statistics, statistical genetics and environmental statistics. Successful candidates will have expert knowledge of statistical theory and methodology along with excellent communication and programming skills in R.
- Technical consulting,
- Implementation/validation of existing packages,
- Data analysis,
- Development of novel packages,
- Tech watch,
- Communication on the available service.
Compétences / qualifications :
- Statistical methodology,
- Knowledge on modern machine-learning techniques will be appreciated,
- Good understanding of biological concepts.
Operational expertise :
- Programing skills in R,
- Programming skills in Python and/or C++ will be appreciated,
- Acknowledged experience in machine-learning methods will be appreciated,
- Project management, including dedicated tools,
- Good communication skills in French and English.
Required diploma :
- Ph.D. or Engineer’s Degree,
- Preferably in statistics or biostatistics.