UMR 5149 – Institut Montpelliérain Alexander Grothendieck (IMAG)
Place Eugène Bataillon
Contexte : The Data & Life Sciences initiative aims at offering services to life scientists in Montpellier and at contributing to the development of methods and software to analyze large-scale data in the fields of health, environment and agronomy. The initiative is hiring a pool of 3 research engineers. They will provide support to the community of life scientists in the area of data management and processing, in coordination with existing service activities at BioCampus, MBB, hospitals, ICM and IRCM platforms.
We are looking for a motivated and talented bioinformatician who has a relevant experience in the domain of bioinformatics with respect to high-throughput technology data.
The candidate must be fluent in both written and spoken English and possess good presentation and communication skills. A PhD in bioinformatics would be an asset. He/She should be able to interact with people with diverse backgrounds and skills in bioinformatics and biology.
Mission principale : The successful data manager candidate will apply his/her knowledge creatively to data management problems in the biological and health sciences, with a focus on, but not limited to, medical and environmental data collection, storage and accession. Successful candidates will have expert knowledge of database design and interrogation, including classical and modern databases (SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB for example), along with excellent communication skills in order to facilitate the analysis of large-scale multi-omic datasets in a collaborative setting.
- Technical consulting,
- Database creation or cleaning,
- Develop ontologies for biological data analysis,
- Cloud computing,
- Coordination of existing platforms,
- Tech watch,
- Communication on the available service.
Compétences / qualifications :
- Database design and interrogation,
- Database security,
- Good understanding of biological and medical specificities.
Operational expertise :
- Database formats (SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Hadoop for example),
- Cloud computing, scientific workflow,
- Project management, including dedicated tools,
- Good communication skills in French and English.
Required diploma :
- Ph.D. or Engineer’s Degree,
- Preferably in data management.