[BC]2 Workshop: Annotation and Curation of Computational Models in Biology, September 9, 2019, Basel
The fast accumulation of biological data calls for more systematic approaches for their integration, analysis and exploitation. The generation of novel, relevant hypotheses from this enormous quantity of data remains challenging. Logical models have long been used to answer a variety of questions regarding the dynamical behaviours of regulatory networks. As the number of published logical models increases, there is a pressing need for proper model annotation, referencing and curation in community-supported and standardised formats.
In this context, organised by members of the Consortium for Logical Models and Tools (CoLoMoTo – http://colomoto.org) and of the Computational Modeling of Biological Systems Community of Special Interest (COSI) of the International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB) (SysMod - https://sysmod.info/), this workshop aims to review and connect different ongoing projects, bringing together people from different communities involved in modelling and annotation of molecular biological entities, interactions, pathways and models.
Several experts on data annotation, model curation, and community standard development are invited. In addition, a call for abstract submissions will be issued (see details below).
- Martin Kuiper, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NO,
- Claudine Chaouiya, IGC, Oeiras PT & I2M, Aix-Marseille University, FR
- Birgit Meldal, Complex Portal & IntAct Curator, EMBL-EBI, Wellcome Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, UK
- Rahuman S. Malik Sheriff, Project Leader (BioModels), EMBL-EBI, London, UK
- Cristina Casals, UniProtKB/ Swiss-Prot Biocurator, SIB, Geneva, CH
- Paul Thomas – GO, (LEGO/Noctua), USC, USA,