26 rue d'ulm
Institut Curie’s pediatric research department is seeking a highly motivated bioinformatician to join the Inserm U830 unit (Dr Olivier Delattre). This department aims at understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying the development of pediatric cancers. It recently developed projects based on the PacBio sequencing of large fragments of DNA to explore genomic regions that cannot be easily investigated by other methods including sub-telomeric regions and microsatellite sequences. This approach is also used to analyze structural variations of the genome as well as RNA splicing.
The Institut Curie is a major player in the research and fight against cancer. It consists of a hospital and a Research Center of more than 1000 employees with a strong international representativeness. The objective of the Curie Institute Research Center is to develop basic research and to use the knowledge produced to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapeutics of cancers as part of the continuum between basic research and innovation serving the patient.
- Contribute to the analysis of high throughput genomic data, particularly these generated by long read technologies (PacBio, nanopore).
- Develop and implement softwares to analyze long read sequencing data
- Integrate long read sequencing data with other high throughput data (WGS, exome-seq, ChIP-seq, HiChIP, RNA-seq...)
Experience, knowledge and skills :
- Degree and/or PhD in bioinformatics, or extensive experience with bioinformatic analyses
- Background in Next Generation Sequencing, gene expression analysis, ChIP-sequencing...
- Highly motivated and ambitious
- Good organizational and communication skills,
- Highly collaborative person, able to interact with the sequencing platform, the bioinformatic core unit and the biologists
- Comfortable in English
- Programming expertise required (bash, perl, python, R...)
Previous experience in next-generation sequencing, statistics and/or cancer research would be an asset
Applications for the above opening should include a full CV, a cover letter describing past and current projects, and names of 2 references. Application should be sent to email@example.com
Additional information on the pediatric teams can be seen at :