As part of the R&D Department, you work in the Biotech Center. You have a central role in the creation and analysis of microbiological data and community composition from product consortia, soil, animals, plants and humans to guide the Nutrition & Health BU project teams. You will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Apply the metagenomic approach to support the industrial division in understanding and managing food safety risks at production sites,
• Design and plan microbiological analysis strategies using existing and new methodologies (flow cytometry), and work in a multidisciplinary approach in collaboration with other teams of internal experts and external partners,
• Design, compare and apply bioinformatics and statistical tools to enable the analysis and interpretation of metagenomic data,
• Explain bioinformatics analysis and results to audiences of various levels of technical expertise,
• Collaborate closely with R&D scientists to develop and test new hypotheses through in vivo, in vitro and in silico experiments,
• Be proactive in developing our understanding of microbiota-host interactions at the molecular level,
• Present your research and publish in peer-reviewed journals.
Presentation of the required profile
You have a PhD or equivalent postdoctoral experience in microbiology, microbial ecology, bioinformatics or a related field focused on microbial genomics. You have experience in microbial community and metagenomic data analysis (metagenomic analyses, comparative analyses of host-microbial interactions, sequence assembly).
You are familiar with the Linux environment and have basic knowledge of command line software and shell scripts. You are fluently bilingual in R or Python for microbial community analysis and have experience with wetlab tools for handling microbes or probiotics.
You are aware of trends in the field of metagenomics (assemblers, cartographers, annotation tools, etc.) and understand how probiotics work and strain safety.
Fluency in English is mandatory.
You have excellent communication and teamwork skills. You demonstrate leadership, integrity and flexibility. You are an enthusiastic and committed person. You have professional experience in project mode.
All our jobs are open to people with disabilities