Sorbonne Université Building B, 6th floor, Boite 12 9 Quai St Bernard 75005 Paris - France
The positions are supported for 2 years starting October-November 2019 with possible renewal for a third year.
- Postdoc position 1 is focused on probability and statistics.
- Postdoc position 2 is focused on bioinformatics and programming.
Interested candidates should apply immediately. The successful applicants will work on modeling the molecular and cellular pathogenesis of Huntington's disease (HD) on a system and dynamic level via the analysis of highly dimensional genomic data in collaboration with mathematicians and bioinformaticians inside and outside the team. We use several type of machine learning methods to address key questions about the rules that govern the progression of HD over time, the mechanisms specifically associated with distinct HD stages and the therapeutic implications of such knowledge.
The candidates are expected to be highly qualified, independent and highly motivated with a strong interest for research. Postdoc candidates should hold a Ph.D. in Probability and Statistics (Position 1) or a Ph.D. in Informatics (Position 2) OR a diploma from high profile Engineer Schools (e.g. Ecole Polytechnique, Supélec, Centrale, INSA, EPFL, ETZ). Candidates should have no more than 1-2 year postdoctoral experience if already working in France, and no more than 3-4 years of such an experience if working abroad.
Postdoc position 1:
- Demonstrated experience and autonomy in probability and statistics for the analysis of complex molecular datasets, e.g. obtained in experimental models of disease or in human cohorts (probabilistic models, R).
- Good autonomy in machine programming (in at least one the following languages: python, C/C++, java)
- Skills in database management are desirable but not mandatory.
Postdoc position 2:
- Demonstrated experience and autonomy in programming (in at least one the following languages: python, C/C++, java) and database languages (MySQL)
- Good autonomy in statistical modeling (probabilistic models, R)
The Brain-C Lab covers computer science, cell biology and clinical research, which provides an excellent opportunity for highly motivated fellows in the field of aging and data analytics and an excellent path towards career plans in academia or industry.
For informal inquiry please contact Dr Christian Neri: Christian.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions: Provide a full CV, a letter of motivation indicating the postdoc position number of interest, and a minimum of 2 names for professional reference to Christian.email@example.com