28 rue du Dct Roux
Five permanent positions in bioinformatics/biostatistics (M/F) at the Institut Pasteur (Paris)
The Hub of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, created in 2015 to provide support in these domains to the Units and Platforms of the Institut Pasteur, is recruiting five bioinformaticians to continue the support activities and taking over the increasing requests for the analysis of biological data.
The recruited engineers will be allocated for part of their time to Research Units and/or Technology Platforms. Teaching missions (academic and/or professional education, possibly internationally) may also be requested.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The main mission is to provide support to Research Units and Platforms for the bioinformatics and/or biostatistics analysis of their data. This support includes :
- advising and guiding the implementation of methods and tools for the analysis of biological data,
- maintaining an active bibliographic survey and evaluating published tools and methods,
- developing, when necessary, new analytical methods and tools,
- analyzing data in collaboration with the Units and Platforms,
- participating in the development of national and international collaborative projects,
- ensuring the transfer of tools and expertise to the Units and Platforms,
- delivering training courses in bioinformatics and biostatistics,
- maintaining the methods and tools developed by the Units, and ensuring their integration into core software solutions like Galaxy or Snakemake,
- interacting with the Institut Pasteur International Network (IPIN, 33 institutes around the world), in particular for trainings and data analysis,
- participating in the writing of scientific articles.
Several needs have been identified and the following profiles are expected:
- Analysis of standard HTS data (variant calling, genome assembly, differential expression, ...),
- Metagenomics, metatranscriptomics,
- Single-cell analysis ,
- Analysis of metabolomic data,
- Epigenomics and epitranscriptomics
- Flux cytometry data analysis
- Biological databases
- Proteomics (main affiliation to the UTechS Mass Spectrometry for Biology)
- Omics data analysis and integration (affiliation to the Hearing Institut)
Candidate profiles and conditions:
It is necessary to satisfy one of the two following profiles:
- Bac+5 level (Master, engineer or equivalent) in bioinformatics, statistics, applied mathematics, or a related field, followed by a professional experience of at least 3 years in research or support for research in bioinformatics, biostatistics, or biological data analysis,
- PhD in bioinformatics, statistics, applied mathematics or a related field, followed by at least 2 years of professional experience in research or research support in bioinformatics, biostatistics, or biological data analysis.
Teaching experience in bioinformatics/biostatistics will be appreciated.
The Hub and Institut Pasteur are committed to foster gender equality, so female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications (cover letter, detailed CV, and reference contact) should be submitted online via the following URL:
The deadline for applying is September 8 of 2019. Candidate pre-selection will be on October 1st . Successful candidates will be received for interviews between October 8 to 10 of 2019 (please, make sure to be available for these dates). Hiring date is planned between December 2019 and March 2020.