We are currently looking for a (m/f) Bioinformatician. At SESVanderHave Belgium you will be joining the dynamic group “Applied Genetics and Genomics”, which is leading the marker-assisted selections, and related activities such as marker development, gene discovery, and QTL mapping.
• You will be in charge of the analysis of next-generation sequencing data. You will do this independently, or in collaboration with other scientists.
• You will help in the design of NGS projects that will address the needs expressed by breeders and other scientists within the company.
• You will focus on the development of tools to ensure that genomics data and results can be easily shared with other non-specialist colleagues in the company.
• In addition, you will show a strong desire to respond to the diverse needs of the group.
• Bachelor/Masters/PhD in bioinformatics, or equivalent through experience
• Strong background in genetics
• Proficiency in Perl and/or other scripting languages required
• Experience with next-generation sequencing technologies, and data analysis
• Experience with Linux/Unix highly desired
• Experience with the setting up of genome browsers (e.g. GBrowse) desired
• Team player, hands-on mentality, result oriented, pro-active and with good communication skills
• Good knowledge of English, Dutch and French
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package matching your qualifications