60 avenue Rockefeller
You have extensive knowledge of genomics and epigenetics/epigenomics dataset handling, and you are eager to imagine
valuable and straightforward bioinformatics solutions and to help end-users implementing those solutions? Join Cellenion now!
As a Bioinformatics scientist, you will work closely with a fast-growing team of engineers and molecular, cell and microbial
biologists, managing scNGS data flow and analyses.
Spend your day enhancing life at Cellenion, a SCIENION company based in Lyon (France). Cellenion developed cellenONE®, a
breakthrough platform allowing rapid and automated isolation and dispensing of single cells, with a wide range of
applications, from cancer to environmental research. With a thriving international customer portfolio, Cellenion is now
committed to the development of single-cell (sc) next-generation sequencing (NGS) solutions, from scNGS library generation
to data analysis and interpretation.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Create and maintain Cellenion data flow system for internal NGS experiments;
• Support biologists in designing bioinformatically workable scNGS experiments and analysing obtained data;
• Develop, test, deploy and maintain scNGS data analysis pipelines;
• Develop biologist-friendly, intelligible, yet customisable, applications for end-users, supporting scNGS data
processing and interpretation, from out-of-sequencer data to graphical analysis and statistics;
• Track changes and trends in NGS data analysis practices and tools.
Required skills and qualifications:
• Extensive knowledge of Illumina dataset: formats, QC and metrics;
• Proven experience in genomics (WGS, comparative genomics…) and epigenetics/epigenomics (RNA-seq, ATACseq, ChIP-seq…) NGS data analysis;
• Excellent knowledge/understanding of commonly used software for NGS and scNGS data exploration and
analysis (e.g. Bowtie2, MACS 2, SAMtools, HOMER, Schnapps/Bioconductor/Seurat R packages, etc.);
• Taste for highly-collaborative and interdisciplinary team work,
• Ability to independently identify and prioritise requirements, research axes and challenges;
• Excellent oral and written communication for interactions with co-workers, collaborators and customers;
• Proficient in English.
• Experience/knowledge of single-cell -omics data analysis;
• Experience/knowledge of microbial genome assemblage/annotation;
• Experience/knowledge of (microbial) evolution reconstruction, (microbial) molecular phylogeny;
• Experience/knowledge of multi-omics approaches data analysis;
• Knowledge/experience of, and wish to implement, methodology and good practices in (software) development.
Cellenion believes that everyone can make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to
providing a dynamic and enjoyable working environment.
If you’d like to join our team, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with in object the reference