8 rue des pirogues de Bercy
Are you looking for a dynamic development role with the ability to make an immediate impact while working with data scientists to deliver solutions to users looking to lose weight and improve their health? If so, we’d love to meet you.
Integrative Phenomics is a medical and nutritional start-up focused on the optimization of weight loss and human health by offering Artificial Intelligence-based solutions using real-world individual biological, medical, and lifestyle data.
We are currently seeking a full-time senior backend development engineer to build a scalable environment from the ground up in collaboration with our data scientists and front-end development group.
- Some brief responsibilities for the role:
- Leading the backend development from the ground up
- Collaborate with our machine learning and bioinformatics data scientists to design innovative solutions related to medical and next-generation sequencing data
- Be involved and support the web application development lifecycle
- Design internally used applications and workflows, including databases
- Develop APIs to communicate with front-end interfaces
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Lead technical troubleshooting and guide recommendations for solutions
- Promote a culture encouraging professional and scientific growth within the company
- Engineering or 4+ year postgraduate degree in Computer Science with at least 5 years of backend development experience
- Proficiency in programming languages and at least one analytical language (R, Python, Matlab, etc.) with the capability to develop new and improve existing bioinformatic and/or analytical pipelines/workflows
- Proficiency in using the Dataiku Platform (knowledge about deployment would be particularly beneficial)
- Proven experience working with data scientists and complex databases
- Previous experience working in agile frameworks
- Familiarity with cloud-based solutions (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Previous experience scaling-up backends for up to 100k+ users
How to apply
Motivated individuals can apply by sending their cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading of their position of interest. Integrative Phenomics offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience in addition to health and life insurance.