163 avenue de Luminy
13288 Marseille 09
CENTURI is seeking a highly motivated bioinformatics research engineer to fill the post of lead data scientist/data analyst, within CENTURI’s technology transfer platform. This position will be a central point of data analysis, data sharing and code sharing for our research community.
Job duties include, but are not restricted to:
- Provide advice and support to researchers concerning data analysis and data mining (such as large data analysis and integration, unsupervised/supervised learning, dimension reduction, statistics, genome analysis, modeling, deep learning techniques, etc.)
- Have a theoretical understanding of the algorithms used for data analysis and analysis and perform independent literature search to keep abreast of appropriate methods and technologies.
- Organize and conduct courses on bioinformatics and data analysis for the CENTURI community: PhD students, postdocs, researchers
- Participate in the setup of an infrastructure for data sharing within the CENTURI project
- Participate in the development and maintenance the infrastructure of software sharing and code transfer within the CENTURI project
- Assist in technology transfer between the teams of the CENTURI project
The types of data we currently foresee may include high-throughput sequencing data, epigenetics, genomics, proteomics, metagenomics, etc. The successful candidate will work in the Multi-engineering platform within CENTURI. Your expertise will help shape the data sharing and analysis platform and you will be able to learn from, as well as share your knowledge within the CENTURI community.