Aviwell is a biotech company with a mission to feed the world more efficiently and sustainably, while respecting natural resources. We develop processes for the identification and production of natural bacterial communities to improve the growth of farm animals with targeted phenotypes and reduce their feed consumption and waste. Aviwell aims to market these unique products on a global market. In order to develop its research and innovation department, Aviwell is recruiting a bioinformatician who will develop databases of biological and molecular variables, in particular from microbiome analyses. S/he will identify bacteria from proprietary (16SrDNA) and public databases, identifies microbial molecular pathways using prediction algorithms. S/he will correlate the findings with other OMICs data including metabolomics and transcriptomics. The Candidate will interact with the biostatistics department and identify networks of microbes interacting with the host genome.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
• Provide bioinformatics leadership and expertise into development plans for research and innovation projects.
• Establish bioinformatics approaches to study protocols, develop data management plans, write bioinformatics analysis plans, review or create analysis dataset specifications, and perform bioinformatics analyses from proprietary and public databases.
• Review and contribute to study reports and bioinformatics sections of regulatory dossiers and intellectual property submissions.
• Generate and use innovative bioinformatics methodology approaches by identifying, adapting, developing or using optimal bioinformatics research methodologies and techniques appropriate to each project.
• Encode and generate user-friendly graphical interfaces to facilitate work with biologists/physiologists.
• Develop strong collaboration and communication with academic support networks and cross-functional teams notably the biostatistics department.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum Education: Ph.D. in bioinformatics, engineering or related discipline.
• Minimum Work Requirements:
◦ At least 3 years of demonstrated experience as bioinformatics ideally in the microbiology sector.
◦ Strong programming skills (Python, R, C ++)
◦ Able to understand and interact with the biostatistics department in graphical and discriminant analysis of multivariate statistics, clustering data.
◦ Fluent in English and French
◦ Proficient at adapting and using bioinformatics pipelines
◦ Development of new bioinformatics pipelines while using public and proprietary databases
◦ Work is well-organized, of high-quality, meeting timelines. Able to balance concurrent tasks and responsibilities.
◦ Works effectively in international teams and with multi-disciplinary groups.
◦ Verbal and written communication is effective with multi-disciplinary groups.
◦ Excellent time management.
◦ Brings creative ideas and makes suggestions for optimization.
◦ Good communication skills and highly motivated
• Location: Toulouse, France
Applicants must send their 1) resume, 2) cover letter outlining qualifications and interests, 3) name and contact information for three professional references who can attest to applicant’s capabilities. Submit items as a ZIP file with the subject “Aviwell bioinformatician” to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is available as a CDI and applications should be received by the 15th of November, 2020. Expected start date no later than 1 January 2021.