Aviwell is a biotech company with a mission to feed the world more efficiently and sustainably, while respecting natural resources. We develop processes for the identification and production of natural bacterial communities to improve the growth of farm animals with targeted phenotypes and reduce their feed consumption and waste. Aviwell aims to market these unique products on a global market. In order to develop its research and innovation department, Aviwell is recruiting a biostatistician who will develop databases of biological and molecular variables, in particular from microbiome analyses. S/he will identify networks of variables by using ad hoc statistical algorithms which will eventually be included in development of AI processes. A network exists within the Institute of Mathematics of Toulouse (IMT, University of Toulouse III-Paul Sabatier) to support the developmental process.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
- Provide statistical leadership and statistical expertise into development plans for research and innovation projects.
- Establish statistical approaches to study protocols, develop data management plans, write statistical analysis plans, review or create analysis dataset specifications, and perform statistical analyses.
- Review and contribute to study reports and statistical sections of regulatory dossiers and intellectual property submissions.
- Generate and use innovative statistical methodology approaches by identifying, adapting, developing or using optimal statistical research methodologies and techniques appropriate to each project.
- Encode and generate user-friendly graphical interfaces to facilitate work with biologists/physiologists.
- Develop strong collaboration and communication with academic support networks and cross-functional teams.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Education: Ph.D. in Biostatistics, engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum Work Requirements:
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience as biostatistician in the agriculture sector.
- Strong programming skills (Python, R, C ++)
- Experienced in graphical and discriminant analysis of multivariate statistics, clustering data.
- Knowledge of microbiome analysis is a plus
- Fluent in English and French
-- Proficient at adapting graphical analysis algorithms and multivariate statistics, clustering; Machine learning and AI is an advantage
-- Work is well-organized, of high-quality, meeting timelines. Able to balance concurrent tasks and responsibilities.
-- Works effectively in international teams and with multi-disciplinary groups.
-- Verbal and written communication is effective with multi-disciplinary groups.
-- Excellent time management.
-- Brings creative ideas and makes suggestions for optimization.
-- Good communication skills and highly motivated
Location: Toulouse, France
Applicants must send their 1) resume, 2) cover letter outlining qualifications and interests, 3) name and contact information for three professional references who can attest to applicant’s capabilities. Submit items as a ZIP file with the subject “Aviwell Biostatistician” to email@example.com
The position is available as a CDI and applications should be received by 1st November, 2020. Expected start date no later than 1 January 2021.