Subject Matter Expert (Bioinformatics)
CDI · Autres Bac+8 / Doctorat, Grandes Écoles SOPHIA GENETICS · Home office (France)
NGS data analysis Customer facing bioinformatician Data-driven medicine
In our journey to impact on patients lives, we are currently looking for a Bioinformatics Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join SOPHiA GENETICS Sales Department.
The Bioinformatics Subject Matter Expert holds a critical role within SOPHiA GENETICS sales department and forms a crucial link between the market and our Bioinformatics and Data Science department to communicate all relevant inputs from the field to continuously grow our solution portfolio.
The Bioinformatics SME supports Sales Managers within their territory in order to maximize sales with new and existing accounts. He/She coordinates his/her activities with the SME Manager to increase the impact of his/her presence in the field according to predefined priorities in terms of targeted institutions. The Bioinformatics SME regularly travels with Sales Managers to meet prospects and customers to bring expertise and credibility during sales meetings.
The Bioinformatics SME position requires you to intensely travel between various SOPHiA offices and customer sites (25% of working time): most travels will cover France and Switzerland to SOPHiA offices, part of travelling time is dedicated to other European regions.
We are seeking a collaborative and customer facing Bioinformatician with experience of conducting genomic projects involving DNA/RNA bioinformatics pipelines in an academic or industry setting. It would be a great plus if you are familiar with capture-based target sequencing approach applied in the field of oncology. You will work with both internal and external stakeholders. Some of the responsibilities are described as follow:
- Conduct on-site or remote customer trainings and demos on SOPHiA solutions (CNV detection, MSI detection, Fusions, etc.)
- Act as a trusted technical expert and consult in product support to the customers, distributors and sales team
- Support sales in the achievement of the regional sales target by providing pre- and post-sales related customer support activities.
- Troubleshoot on secondary analysis matter in close collaboration with the customer services and Data Science teams.
- Mentor and train other members of the sales team.
- Deliver technology presentations for pre-sales or workshops, facilitating the communication about new developments
- Provides strategic and competitive feedback to Data Science department and product development teams to improve SOPHiA GENETICS NGS-based applications and documentation.
- PhD and/or several years postdoc or industry experience in bioinformatics and NGS data analysis
- Extensive experience with exploratory data analysis and visualization using either R or Python.
- Proven track record of working with high performance computing clusters, bioinformatic analysis pipelines, version control systems, and parallel computing
- Customer facing experience and communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced and multidisciplinary environment
- Fluent in French and English (mandatory)
- A competitive compensation package.
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- Flexible hours, home office
- International and multi-cultural environment
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
Location : Home Office, France
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: Permanent full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply here: https://apply.workable.com/sophia-genetics/j/61350825B8/
Procédure : Apply here: https://apply.workable.com/sophia-genetics/j/61350825B8/
Date limite : None
Offre publiée le 9 avril 2021, affichage jusqu'au 7 juin 2021