Computational Biologist/Data scientist
CDI · Autres Bac+8 / Doctorat, Grandes Écoles Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson · Issy Les Moulineaux (France)
Date de prise de poste : 1 mai 2021
Bioinformatique computational Biology Artificial Intelligence data science research genomics Discovery High performance computing cloud
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen R&D (JRD) is an organization of 11,000+ people with an operating budget of $7B, which includes both Therapeutic Areas such as Cardiovascular/Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases/Vaccines, Neuroscience, Oncology and Pulmonary Hypertension, and major Global Functions in Discovery, Development and Regulatory Affairs.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for a Computational Biologist/ Data Scientist who will support our research and development collaborations and partnerships with public and private institutions in France. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets, to gain insights on the causes of disease and help identify drug targets and biomarkers that will enable the development of safe and effective therapies. He/She will address problems using computational models combined with AI/Machine Learning tools to analyze a wide spectrum of biomedical data ranging from genomics to imaging in collaboration with our scientific collaborators within and outside of Janssen R&D and help in the translation of the knowledge gained into therapies. The ideal candidate must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data/tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms, and creating/running simulations. Expertise in deploying AI/ML tools and techniques within the biomedical context would be a plus. They must have a proven ability to drive scientific results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams in academia and industry, within and outside of France. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve scientific, therapeutic, and business outcomes.
The ideal candidate should have more than 4 years of post-doctoral experience analyzing large-scale biomedical datasets hold a Ph.D. in Computational/Systems Biology, Bioinformatics, Statistical/Population Genetics, Biostatistics/Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related fields, and is familiar with the Biomedical/Healthcare research ecosystem in France.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive scientific/business solutions.
- Aggregate, Integrate, Mine and Analyze data from company & partner databases to drive optimization and improvement of therapeutic development, scientific and business strategies in line with Janssen R&D goals and objectives.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new biomedical data sources and data gathering techniques especially in the genomics and healthcare environment.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets to address specific questions/hypothesis related to drug discovery or use of real-world evidence for healthcare solutions.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize end-user experiences in collaborative projects.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to interpret and implement results of studies and monitor outcomes.
- Perform research relevant to the mission of the organization and publish high-quality research.
- Act as a key technical resource for researchers seeking assistance with the development and implementation of computational, mathematical, statistical and visualization techniques to extract knowledge from their data
- Design and implement approaches to solve complex computational and mathematical problems as they relate to interpreting biomedical data.
Qualifications for this position:
- Academic background : PhD
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on addressing problems in drug discovery and healthcare.
- Experience and expertise in deploying computational biology, AI/ML tools, and techniques to biomedical data generated from large-scale population genomics, medical imaging or multi-omics research/clinical studies.
- Experience using statistical computer languages to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques and their real-world applications.
- Previous experience analyzing omics data (Genomics, Transcriptomics, Proteomics)
- Good understanding of biology and human genetics
- Experience using ML libraries: scikit-learn, caret, …
- Experience with Data Science and ML platforms: Dataiku, Knime, H2O, Databricks
- Experience with AWS technologies: Redshift, S3, EC2, Data Pipeline, EMR
- Experience with data visualization and dashboarding: Plotly, Shiny, Dash, …
- Outstanding communication, organizational and leadership skills, with a successful track record of collaborating with cross-functional scientific teams
- Independent, self-motivated, and innovative. Ability to excel in a goal-oriented, multifaceted, and fast-moving team environment.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for presenting findings and coordinating across teams in French and English is a key requirement.
- A track record of strong management skills and demonstrated ability to lead a group of scientists to deliver on objectives in defined timelines would be a plus.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Procédure : Please apply using this Link: https://jobs.jnj.com/auth/1/login?jobId=2005822430W&lang=en-us
Date limite : 1 juin 2021
Mohamed-Ramzi TEMANNI, Scientific Director, Head of France AI/Genomics
Offre publiée le 14 avril 2021, affichage jusqu'au 1 juillet 2021