PostDoctoral Position (4 years) NGS/Epigenomics
CDD · Postdoc · 48 mois (renouvelable) Bac+8 / Doctorat, Grandes Écoles Viennese consortium: Max Perutz Labs, Med. Univ. Vienna, CeMM · Vienne (Autriche)
NGS Epigenetics Signalling JAK/STAT RNA-seq scRNA-seq ChIP-seq ATAC-seq
Bioinformatics Scientist, PostDoctoral Position
JAK-STAT Signaling Pathway Integration
The JAK-STAT consortium is seeking to recruit a talented and highly motivated computational scientist to engage in basic and translational biomedical research in the Vienna Life Science region. The successful applicant will work with interdisciplinary teams, engaging in research on the translation of complex NGS data derived from genetically modified mouse models, clinical patient samples and public data bases into biological insights that can guide our understanding of JAK-STAT activity in tissue homeostasis and at the interfaces of infection, inflammation, metabolism and carcinogenesis. The ability to collaborate with a diverse group of scientists and to publish scientific/methodological papers on a regular basis is important.
- Ability to lead the bioinformatics work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Postdoctoral training or exceptional PhD experience in bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology, or a similar field. Alternatively, PhD in molecular biology, immunology, etc. combined with a very strong record of high-throughput data analysis, evidenced by publication in the area.
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills, including the ability to present complex scientific results to a diverse audience.
- Intense curiosity about the biology of disease and eagerness to contribute to scientific efforts focused to understand the molecular mechanisms of the hallmarks of health and the onset or resolution of disease.
- Deep understanding of computational techniques for analysing high-throughput genomic and transcriptomic datasets and an interest in applying novel approaches to integrating and mining the data (bulk and single-cell RNA-seq, ATAC-Seq, ChIP-Seq, WGBS etc).
- Demonstrated competence in a programming language such as R or python, experience with version control systems, and familiarity with high-performance computing environments. What to expect
- A 4 year-period of employment, with the possibility for extension. druggable targets in comparative medicine.
- Access to JAK-STAT related data sets and samples.
- Access to state-of-the-art technologies and pioneering research.
- Participation in seminar series featuring academic and industry scientists. • Campus-like lifestyle with a healthy work-life balance.
- Mentored opportunities to further develop professional skills.
Who we are
The Viennese JAK-STAT Consortium has emerged as one of the leading research groups worldwide in the study of signal transduction by the Janus kinases (JAKs) and signal transducers and activators of transcription (STATs). For more than a decade the Consortium has made substantial contributions to the understanding of the functions of JAKs and STATs in homeostasis and disease. The consortium is funded by the Austrian Science Fund FWF special research program (SFB). The SFB is hosted by the Vetmeduni Vienna and coordinated by Mathias Müller and bundles interdisciplinary expertise from the collaborating research institutes at the Max Perutz Labs (University of Vienna), the Medical University of Vienna and the Research Center for Molecular Medicine (CeMM, Austrian Academy of Sciences)
The next step is yours. To apply, please write to explain why you would be suitable for the post and send the letter, together with your cv and the names of two academic referees to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vetmeduni Vienna is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information, please see our homepages (www.jak-stat.at and www.vetmeduni.ac.at).
Procédure : Please send your applications or questions in ENGLISH to Pr. Mathias Müller.
Date limite : None
Pr. Mathias Müller
Offre publiée le 27 avril 2021, affichage jusqu'au 25 juin 2021