Postdoctoral/Research engineer position in Computational Biology/Cancer Genomics
CDD-OD · Postdoc · 36 mois Bac+8 / Doctorat, Grandes Écoles INSERM U830 / Institut Curie · Paris (France) The remuneration will follow the rules of the Research Center and will depend on the experience
Date de prise de poste : 1 septembre 2021
NGS RNA-seq ChIP-seq Hi-C single cells
- The Curie institute
The Institut Curie is a major player in cancer research and the fight against cancer. It consists of a hospital and a Research Center with more than 1000 employees with strong international representation. The objective of the Institut Curie Research Center is to develop fundamental research and use the produced knowledge to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy of cancers within the framework of a continuum between fundamental research and innovation, at the service of patients.
- The “Diversity and Plasticity of Childhood Cancer”research group
This group headed by Olivier Delattre investigates the role of genetic alterations in the development of childhood cancers with a specific focus on their impact on gene regulation and cell plasticity (https://science.institut-curie.org/team-delattre/). Some recent publications of the group: Surdez et al, Cancer Cell, 2021; Aynaud et al, Cell Reports, 2020; Boeva et al, Nat Genet, 2017; Grunewald et al, Nat Genet, 2015.
- Main missions
- Use a variety of NGS-based (RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, Hi-C …) approaches to identify key transcriptional regulators, decipher core regulatory circuitries and 3D genome structure in malignant cells.
- Use and develop single cell approaches to investigate cell diversity, tumor heterogeneity and plasticity. - Integrate multi-omic data
- Perform appropriate statistical analyses
- Collaborate with biologists in the group and with the core bioinformatic unit (U900) of the institute.
- Profile of the candidate
- PhD, Grandes Ecoles diploma or similar experience
- Strong background in bioinformatics and computational biology
- Experience of working in a Unix environment and of using R and other language (Perl, Python….)
- Experience in NGS and single cell data analysis
- Knowledge in cancer genetics and cell biology
- Good level in English
- How to apply?
Send CV, motivation letter and recommendation letters (or addresses) from 3 referees to Dr Olivier Delattre at firstname.lastname@example.org before June 15th.
Procédure : Send CV, motivation letter and recommendation letters (or addresses) from 3 referees to Dr Olivier Delattre at email@example.com before June 15th.
Date limite : 15 juin 2021
Offre publiée le 7 mai 2021, affichage jusqu'au 15 juin 2021