PhD fellowship in dynamics of cellular interactions (ESR2)
CDD · Thèse · 36 mois Bac+5 / Master Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior Deinvestigaciones Cientificas (CSIC) · Vigo (Espagne)
Date de prise de poste : 1 octobre 2021
(bio)process modelling, ecological dymamic modeling, systems biology
The objective is to develop a dynamic ecological model to describe the interactions between microorganisms through cheese production. The following sub-objectives are to be accomplished: (1) the modelling at the ecological level accounting for interactions among microorganisms and environmental components, (2) the modelling at the metabolite-mediated level accounting for explicit descriptions of substrates and products and environmental components, (3) the formulation and solution of dynamic optimization problems devoted to maximize cheese quality (https://www.itn-emuse.com/wp).
Skills and Qualifications
Master's degree in systems biology, biological engineering, computational biology, biotechnology, physics with a strong numerical/computational component.
- Good numerical/computational skills
- Ability to (learn to) communicate with different disciplines (experimental, computational, theoretical)
- You should NOT have any kind of PhD degree. Previous research experience (which must be no longer than 4 years) although appreciated, is not mandatory.
- Educational background and previous research experience relevant for the chosen position.
- Applicants must demonstrate fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English. English: B2, good oral and written communication skills in English are compulsory.
- Networking and communication skills in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Willingness to travel abroad for the purpose of research, training and dissemination
Procédure : Apply on E-MUSE website: https://www.itn-emuse.com/esr2
Date limite : 15 juin 2021
Offre publiée le 3 juin 2021, affichage jusqu'au 15 juin 2021