ESR3:PhD fellowship in feed-back control of individual cells in microorganism populations.
CDD · Thèse · 36 mois Bac+5 / Master Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior Deinvestigaciones Cientificas (CSIC) · Valencia (Espagne)
Date de prise de poste : 1 octobre 2021
(bio)process modeling, (bio)process control, stochastic dynamic systems, gene regulation in bacteria
The project aims at developing a novel control paradigm to guide the modulation of the stochastic gene circuits that regulate metabolic activity in bacterial systems, towards target specific phenotype distributions -linked with specific final product characteristics in microbiology processes of industrial interest- through available environmental stress variables (https://www.itn-emuse.com/wp).
Skills and Qualifications
Master’s degree in engineering, physics, systems biology, applied mathematics or biology with a strong theoretical/computational component.
- Good mathematical/computational background.
- Dynamic Nonlinear systems skills (Appreciated).
- Ability to (learn to) communicate with different disciplines (experimental, computational, theoretical)
- You should NOT have any kind of PhD degree. Previous research experience (which must be no longer than 4 years) although appreciated, is not mandatory.
- Educational background and previous research experience relevant for the chosen position.
- Applicants must demonstrate fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English. English: B2, good oral and written communication skills in English are compulsory.
- Networking and communication skills in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Willingness to travel abroad for the purpose of research, training and dissemination
Procédure : Apply on E-MUSE website: https://www.itn-emuse.com/esr3
Date limite : 15 juin 2021
Offre publiée le 3 juin 2021, affichage jusqu'au 15 juin 2021