ESR7: PhD fellowship in network-based approaches for multi-omics data analysis
CDD · Thèse · 36 mois Bac+5 / Master Alma Mater Studorium – Universita di Bologna (UNIBO) · Bologna (Italie)
Date de prise de poste : 1 novembre 2021
Applied physics, systems biology, network theory, data analysis
To learn, implement and apply network-based algorithms to available data, embedding multi-omics data into a network framework. The ESR will deal with omics experimental data and combine them with relevant information about bacterial and metagenomics networks (e.g. protein interaction, biochemical pathways, metabolic networks).ng from these reconstructed networks, several methods will be applied to identify key players (nodes, pathways, communities) related to the experimental conditions studied (https://www.itn-emuse.com/wp).
The candidate is required to have a master degree in Physics, Computer science, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields giving access to PhD school and NOT to have any kind of PhD degree. Previous research experience (which must be no longer than 4 years) although appreciated, is not mandatory.
- good skills in programming of high-level languages like Python, R, Matlab (not mandatory but highly recommended)
- You should NOT have any kind of PhD degree. Previous research experience (which must be no longer than 4 years) although appreciated, is not mandatory.
- Educational background and previous research experience relevant for the chosen position.
- Applicants must demonstrate fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English. English: B2, good oral and written communication skills in English are compulsory.
- Networking and communication skills in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Willingness to travel abroad for the purpose of research, training and dissemination
Procédure : Apply on E-MUSE website: https://www.itn-emuse.com/esr7
Date limite : 30 juin 2021
Offre publiée le 3 juin 2021, affichage jusqu'au 30 juin 2021