Bioinformatics multi-omics data expert
CDD · Autres · 12 mois Bac+5 / Master Micropep technologies · Auzeville Tolosane (France) Based on experience
Date de prise de poste : 1 juillet 2021
Omics Plants Multi-omics Transcriptome
Bioinformatics multi-omics data expert (M/F)
Micropep Technologies, Auzeville-Tolosane, France, Fixed-term contract (1 year), start ASAP.
(Homeworking EU/US accepted)
Micropep Technologies is a young innovative plant biotechnologyp based in Toulouse, France. The company is developing a new generation of innovative plant stimulation and plant protection solutions for a more sustainable agriculture. Our products are based on a disruptive technology that uses natural peptides (miPEPs) that can transiently regulate the expression of plants’ microRNAs and their targeted genes*.
We are looking for a bioinformatician specialized in omics data to participate in the integration of multi-omics data into our design pipelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the responsibility of the Bioinformatics platform manager, you will be responsible for:
- Curating, analyzing and synthetizing omics data regarding species of interest for micropep
- Annotating genomes of interest
- Developing multi-omics approaches to promote the discovery of novel peptides.
- Proposing new sequencing projects and technologies suited to micropep’s needs.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- M.S. required (PhD preferred) in computational biology or a related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in omics data analysis
- Experience in assembling transcriptomes and/or genomes of plants
- Experience in transcriptome annotation in plants
- Experience in using publicly available bioinformatics software
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Programming: in python
- Proficiency in using Linux operating system and the command-line
- Proficiency in using a version-management system like git
- Knowledge of AWS or another cloud-provider is highly appreciated
- Knowledge of standard bioinformatics tools, databases
- Familiarity with the biological data formats (Fasta, Fastq, GFF, …)
- Good organization skills and good optimization of the working environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and overlapping deadlines
- Natural ability for problem-solving
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal (English mandatory)
- Compensation: based on experience
- End of application: August 2021
- Fixed-term contract (CDD), 1 year.
- Location: Auzeville Tolosane, France or homeworking EU/US
- To know more about Micropep, check our website: micro-pep.com
How to apply
CV, motivation letters and references must be sent to: email@example.com with the reference 2021-06/DSo
Procédure : CV, motivation letters and references must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference 2021-06/DSo
Date limite : 1 août 2021
Offre publiée le 15 juin 2021, affichage jusqu'au 31 août 2021