CDD · IR · 12 mois (renouvelable) Bac+8 / Doctorat, Grandes Écoles Marseille Medical Genetics (INSERM - Aix*Marseille Université) · Marseille (France)
Date de prise de poste : 1 octobre 2021
Omics Networks Dimensionality Reduction Data integration Machine learning Algorithmic Rare Diseases
The Networks and Systems Biology for Diseases group led by Anaïs Baudot in the Marseille Medical Genetics Unit (MMG, Inserm – Aix*Marseille University), has an open position for a research engineer. The successful applicant will work in an interdisciplinary team of computational biologists, bioinformaticians and systems biologists. The main goals of our team are to develop computational approaches to better understand human diseases. The successful applicant will be involved in the development of bioinformatics tools and software based on graph theory, dimensionality reduction and machine learning. The applications will focus specifically on rare diseases and be involved the analysis of a wide range of -omics data.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Sciences or related fields.
- Solid knowledge in manipulation and analysis of a wide variety of biological -omics data
- Proficiency in programming (R, Python, bash...), solid knowledge in the Linux environment and experience in algorithm implementation
- Experience in the development of bioinformatics workflows and packages
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a multidisciplinary environment on multiple projects and in collaboration
- Good communication and reporting skills
Fully-funded position for 1 year in Marseille, with the possibility to be renewed. The starting date is expected in 2021. The salary will be based on experience. The MMG Unit is located in the La Timone faculty of Medicine campus and is a leader in the field of rare genetic diseases. The team is a member of Marmara and Centuri Aix*Marseille University institutes.
Procédure : Applications can be sent directly to “anais.baudot – at – univ-amu.fr”. Please make sure your application includes a cover letter, a detailed CV, a link to sample code or code repository, and the contact information of 2 references. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until September 2021.
Date limite : 30 septembre 2021
Offre publiée le 11 juillet 2021, affichage jusqu'au 30 septembre 2021