Microbiota analysis engineer
CDD · IE · 5 mois Bac+5 / Master LESAFFRE INTERNATIONAL · Marcq-en-Barœul (France)
Microbiota Microbiome Metagenomics
Description de l'entreprise
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,2 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 10,700 employees and more than 85 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms. To nourish 10 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
Lesaffre – Working together to better nourish and protect the planet
Description du poste
Complexes microbial ecosystems are made up of several or thousands of different species. To access the diversity of these ecosystems, shotgun metagenomic sequencing technologies make it possible to obtain millions of short reads (approximately 100 bases), originating from the individual microbial genomes present in the ecosystem. The analysis of these data requires specific methods to identify the species present in these ecosystems as well as their relative abundance.
The engineer will be responsible for developing microbiota analysis tools and supporting the group's R&I teams. He / she will participate in the development of the existing pipeline as well as the analysis of data from new sequencing technologies in close collaboration with the Data Science team.
• Support, and if necessary, ensure in part, the realization of biological data analysis projects of the unit, using current tools related to bioinformatics, biostatistics and bioanalysis pipeline
• Identify, design and develop new bioinformatic analysis tools adapted to the questions asked, allowing better use of the data obtained
• Disseminate and promote the results in the form of technical reports, publications, or oral presentations
• Organize scientific and technological literature survey related to bioinformatic tools use for microbiota analysis
• Holder of a PhD, Engineering or Master Diploma in Bioinformatics or in Microbiology with experience in bioinformatics and biostatistics
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work and communicate in a team • Solid theoretical knowledge in microbiology and microbial ecosystems
• Experience in application programming (Python, Perl), ideally using Docker and statistical data analysis tools (ideally R)
• Master the use of a computing cluster, ability to program computer applications and pipelines
• Experience in "omics" data analysis, preferably in metabarcoding or metagenomics
• Knowledge of the latest high throughput sequencing technologies
• Proficiency in scientific English (oral, written)
This position is open for a junior and unexperienced profiles will be considered*
Date limite : None
Offre publiée le 12 juillet 2021, affichage jusqu'au 10 septembre 2021