Scientific developer (f/*/m)
CDI · IE Bac+5 / Master Discngine · PARIS (France)
Date de prise de poste : 1 mars 2022
Scientific bioinformatics chemistry knime Oracle PL/SQL BIOVIA Pipeline Pilot Agile Git Python
Located in the heart of Paris's 12th district, Discngine is a key player in software consulting and development for the life sciences. Since its creation in 2004, Discngine's purpose is to design IT solutions (Data management, Data visualization, knowledge management…) for the R&D Departments of the international leaders in the pharma, biotech and cosmetic industries.
Each day Discngine helps the researchers of these enterprises and organizations by introducing innovations that accelerate their research activities.
Discngine has a hand in improving all phases of a project, from prototype conception to the implementation of production-ready tools.
Our very innovative company culture and open management style create a work atmosphere that brings together conviviality, a readiness to help each other, and personal and professional development.
Descriptif du poste :
You will evolve in an agile environment and will be part of activities such as:
• Communication and direct interaction with the customer.
• Analysis of functional needs.
• Direct support to customers’ projects.
• Scientific software integration.
• Development of apps or new features, according to Discngine needs or customers need.
• Design applications and solution with focus on their scalability and maintenance.
• Documentation and reports in English. French is a plus.
Profil recherché :
You have a Master Degree or PhD in computational chemistry or bioinformatics. Other degrees (i.e. data science, computer science, engineering, medicinal chemistry, pharmacy and similar scientific degrees) are welcomed if coupled with thesis/experience in the field of cheminformatics or bioinformatics.
You have a good understanding of programs/concepts like:
• [Highly valued] Knime and Knime Server and/or BIOVIA Pipeline Pilot
• Python and/or other programming languages
• REST Services and API
• Version Management Tools like Git
• Agile frameworks (Kanban, SCRUM)
Database knowledge (i.e. Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL), and/or existing cheminformatics IT solutions would be a plus.
Your professional English allows you to interact effectively on a technical and scientific level, being able to address complex tasks especially in relation with customers. You put your clients at the heart of your approach, aiming to deliver only the best you can produce, and taking responsibility for your work. You are a person who thinks constant improvement is a key aspect of the professional life, and who is always ready to share knowledge and experiences. Proactivity is part of your working mindset, accompanied with a good level of organization.
Process de recrutement :
All interviews will be performed remotely, unless all participants are able and willing to do them in Paris.
30 min on the phone, to make sure there are no misunderstanding around the job offer
Technical + personal interview
- a 10 min presentation in English on one of the projects you have worked on - to assess your English and how you present your work
- live code review of some snippets - to assess both your knowledge and the way you think
- open discussion about your past experiences and your work expectations - to assess if there is a good fit between Discngine, the position and your expectations
(Optional) Meeting (remote or in the office) with additional members of Discngine
Also highly dependent on the covid situation. Give the opportunity to members of Discngine to meet a candidate and vice-versa
New members will have the opportunity to be trained on the technologies we work with when they join the company: https://www.discngine.com/blog/2018/1/17/the-newbie-backlog-how-we-welcome-our-new-co-workers
Télétravail total possible
Procédure : Postuler via Welcome To The Jungle https://www.welcometothejungle.com/fr/companies/discngine/jobs/cheminformatician-m-f_paris avec CV + Lettre de motivation
Date limite : 18 avril 2022
Offre publiée le 11 février 2022, affichage jusqu'au 18 mai 2022