Two years postdoctoral position in Informatics/Bioinformatics at the Université Paris Cité (Paris,
CDD · Postdoc · 24 mois (renouvelable) Bac+8 / Doctorat, Grandes Écoles Université Paris Cité/ Inserm UMRS 1124 · Paris (France) Selon les grilles de rémunération de l'Inserm
Date de prise de poste : 1 septembre 2022
bioinformatics, computational bio/toxicology, text mining, artificial intellingence
The place of employment is in Paris in France. The position is full-time for a period of 2 years with possible extension. The successful candidate will join the group of Systems Toxicology led by K. Audouze (https://systox.u-paris-sciences.fr/ ), specialized in the development of innovative and new methods and models with the aim to have a better understanding of the effect from the chemical exposure on human health. She/he will spend the majority of the time with PARC related activities.
The Partnership for the Assessment of Risks from Chemicals (PARC) led by ANSES, and granted under Horizon Europe is one of the largest projects of its kind in the world with over 200 partners from all over Europe and a budget of €400 million. PARC will develop, apply and use New Approach Methodologies (NAMs) in hazard and risk assessment of chemicals. These in vitro and in silico approaches will be combined with development of new methods for hazard and risk assessments, and use of Next Generation Risk Assessment (NGRA) approaches. Activities in PARC are closely linked to regulatory needs as identified by EU organizations such as the European Chemical Agency (ECHA) and the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) and other international agencies. Inserm U1124 will contribute to several work packages (5, 6, 7 & 8).
The activities include:
· Support in the scientific participation of the PARC work packages 5, 6, 7 and 8.
· Systematic review of existing toxicological data sources and computational methods
· Development of new and innovative tool for automatic screening of available data (databases, patents, full text publication)
· Creation of integrative models for toxicology using artificial intelligence and graph theory
· Initiation of collaborations within and outside PARC
· Preparation of scientific publications and presentation of results at meetings and in expert panels
· Publication of scientific papers and internal/national reports and presentation results on international conferences
· Active participation in international working groups in the PARC program to present results, and develop proposals within the area of toxicology and risk assessment
- University degree (PhD in informatics, bioinformatics, computational biology or modelling), that may not have been completed since more than five years.
- Very good computer skills, with practical experience in working with text mining, artificial intelligence, programing skills (R, python, …).
- Expertise in biology or toxicology would be an advantage.
- International experience and experience in coordinating research projects on an international level would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English skills (French is not mandatory but would be an advantage).
- A conscientious work ethic, flexibility and the ability to work in a team.
The postdoc salary will be according to the Inserm rules, and the position is expected to start in September 2022 at the latest.
Procédure : Applications including a CV, a cover letter, the list of the publications as well contact details of 2 referees should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Date limite : 30 mai 2022
Offre publiée le 29 mars 2022, affichage jusqu'au 30 mai 2022