Post-doctoral position on epigenetic footprints of environmental changes and epigenetic inheritance
CDD · Postdoc · 36 mois Bac+8 / Doctorat, Grandes Écoles GenEpi team, INRAE, Toulouse · Castanet Tolosan (France) selon grille
Date de prise de poste : 1 octobre 2022
The GenEpi team (INRAE, Toulouse, France, https://genphyse.toulouse.inra.fr/groups/genepi) invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research position as part of the GEroNIMO project (funded by European Horizon 2020), entitled "Genome and epigenome enabled breeding in monogastrics" (https://www.geronimo-h2020.eu/).
The position is a full-time fixed-term appointment of 3 years (https://jobs.inrae.fr/en/ot-15000).
GEroNIMO is a large scale project involving 21 partners from 11 European Countries that aims to provide chicken and pig breeders with new knowledge and tools to promote innovative genome- and epigenome enabled selection methods, to move toward more sustainable breeding models. GEroNIMO is part of the EuroFAANG effort (https://eurofaang.eu/).
The successful candidate will lead projects using epigenomic data obtained from large pig and chicken populations to study the genetic and epigenetic contributions to phenotypic variation, to assess DNA methylation footprints of selection and of environmental factors, and to estimate the extent of transgenerational epigenetic inheritance. Great opportunities to publish!
She/he will be based in Toulouse at INRAE and will join a multi-disciplinary environment of geneticists, bioinformaticians and biostatisticians. The successful candidate will take a leading role in the data analysis and will be expected to use her/his initiative and creativity to identify areas for research development.
- Analyze high-throughput epigenomics data generated for the GEroNIMO project
- Lead transgenerational analyses (phenotypes, genotypes and DNA methylation data will be available for 3 generations in quail, from 1360 animals)
- Study the effect of the environment (heat stress, feed stress or age) on the epigenome
- Participate in deciphering the genome-to-phenome relationship (eQTL, meQTL, EWAS)
- Perform (FAIR) data management and submission
- Closely interact with other members of the GEroNIMO consortium
- PhD in genetics/epigenetics/bioinformatics
- Proficiency in UNIX command line and high-performance computing with experience with Next Generation Sequencing data analysis
- Documented skills in verbal and written communication in English
- Enthusiasm and team player attitude
- Independent thinking (Being a fan of The Little Prince would be a little plus ;-)…)
No need to speak French to apply to this position, although a scholar level may be useful for the daily life in Toulouse.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, enclosing - if you wish to apply - a cover letter, statement of research interests, updated CV, and the names of 2 references.
The selection process is starting now and will be continued until the position is filled.
Procédure : Send application to email@example.com
Date limite : 1 octobre 2022
Offre publiée le 17 juin 2022, affichage jusqu'au 1 octobre 2022