CDI · Ingénieur autre Bac+5 / Master Micropep · AUZEVILLE TOLOSANE (France)
Date de prise de poste : 1 juillet 2022
biostatistics data science dataviz statistics machine learning data management startup AI peptide protein
Micropep is a French biotech firm developing the next generation of biological crop protection solutions based on the incredible potential of micropeptides; short natural peptide molecules that target and regulate plant genes and proteins.
The company’s proprietary discovery platform blends artificial intelligence, computer science, plant biology and peptide biochemistry to select and produce the best micropeptide candidates amongst billions. Its current pipeline targets resistant pathogens and weeds threatening major crops throughout the world.
The company was founded in 2016 as a spin-off of “LRSV”, a Plant Research Laboratory at Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) and Toulouse University, a center of excellence in AgriTech. After an initial $5m Seed funding round in 2018, the company closed a $10m Series A in 2021 with prominent European and US investors.
You will be part of the Data Platform.
Working with data from phenotyping, molecular biology, formulation, bioproduction and omics technology platforms, you will create and develop computational solutions to extract insights from experimental data, structure our knowledge and transform our know-how in models for supporting the discovery or the optimization of peptides.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Defining the data analysis framework
· Supporting the biologists for their experimental design and data analysis
· Writing up study reports, presenting results and suggesting interpretations
· Contributing to machine learning development
· Contributing to development of automated data analysis workflows.
· Developing dashboards for data visualization
· Implementing quality control and data quality monitoring procedures
· Make regular state of art reviews and report them efficiently
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Masters degree, Engineering degree, PhD or equivalent in Data Science, Bio-Statistics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or Applied Mathematics
· Experience in developing methodologies and algorithms for complex data analysis
· Experience in data analytics, dataviz…
· Experience in data analysis for plant phenotyping very appreciated
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
· Proficient skills in descriptive and inferential statistics (hypotheses testing), statistical modeling (linear models, mixed models…) machine learning (NN, SVM, random forest…) and a strong knowledge of statistical methods for biology in general.
· Programming: in python
· Proficiency in using Linux operating system and the command-line
· Knowledge of AWS is highly appreciated
· Proactive, solution oriented, and shows initiative, natural leader
· Good organization skills and good optimization of the working environment
· Natural ability for problem-solving
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal (English mandatory)
· Enjoys teamwork, team player. (SCRUM framework)
· Compensation: based on experience
· Permanent contract
· Location: Auzeville Tolosane, France (partial homeworking)
· To know more about Micropep, check our website: micro-pep.com
Procédure : CV, motivation letters and references must be sent with the reference DAT-2022-BiostatLead
Date limite : None
Offre publiée le 22 juin 2022, affichage jusqu'au 30 juillet 2022