Scientific data management team lead
CDI · Ingénieur autre Bac+5 / Master Micropep · AUZEVILLE TOLOSANE (France)
manager data analysis ETL dataviz machine learning AI cloud aws statistics
Are you looking for a great job opportunity and fun at the workplace at the same time?
Join our exciting interdisciplinary team working on cutting edge bioactive compounds (peptides) development for weed and disease control.
Micropep was founded in 2016 in Toulouse, France, as a spin out from Toulouse University, a centre of excellence for AgriTech. The company has developed an innovative discovery platform for the development of novel peptide-based biological products for agriculture. It identifies and enhances the expression of naturally occurring, micro-RNA derived, regulatory peptides (miPEPs) that can transiently regulate the expression of plants' microRNAs and their targeted genes.
Since 2018, Micropep has raised €4M and €8.5M in Series A funding and our great adventure is continuing both in UE and US!
We are looking for a people manager with a strong entrepreneurial spirit to join our data science department. You love computer science, and you want to stay on cutting edge of data analytics.
You will manage the scientific data management platform, responsible for the embracing of strong data culture at Micropep.
Working with data from phenotyping, molecular biology, formulation, bioproduction and other data science platforms, you will manage your team and help them to create and develop computational solutions to extract insights from experimental data, structure our knowledge and transform our know-how in models for supporting the discovery or the optimization of peptides.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Role 1: manage the team and the platform
· Manage the delivery of the company’s strategic objectives and projects for all scientific data activities. Set, monitor and report operational objectives at the research projects and platforms levels, aligned with company priorities.
· Plan, monitor and report Research budget expenses. Allocate resources, coordinate, and optimize team activities.
· Provide active leadership with people within scope and ensure that competencies are aligned with and capable of meeting strategic objectives.
· Responsible for people management, including recruitment, on-boarding, performance evaluation, compensation, individual development, off-boarding.
· Manage the subcontractors: specifications, follow-up, acceptance tests...
Role 2: data management expert
· Works with R&D teams to identify functional requirements that drive technology
· Build a unified data and analytics ecosystem that support decision making
· Deliver business value and improve decision making by identifying and building data solutions, self-service data and reporting capabilities in alignment with business priorities
· Ensure architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible, and cost effective. Makes recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
· Ensure data security
· Define and implement of data capabilities like data discovery & classification, data catalog, data lineage, data integration, data visualization and data Lake.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Experience in data management and analytics
Ideally experience in people management
Hands-on experience in 3 of the following areas:
Solution/technical architecture in the cloud
Big Data/analytics/information analysis/database management in the cloud
Data warehousing concepts and techniques
Masters degree, Engineering degree, PhD or equivalent in Data Science, Bio-Statistics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or Applied Mathematics
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
· Ideally certified AWS Data analytics
· Familiarity with the technology stack available in the industry for metadata management: Data Governance, Data Quality, MDM, Lineage, Data Catalog etc.
· Familiarity with the Technology stack available in the industry for data management, data ingestion, capture, processing and curation
· Fluency in python and scripting languages
· Dataviz software: spotfire, plotly appreciated
· Familiarity with software engineering: devops, CI/CD, dockers..
· Proactive, solution oriented, and shows initiative, natural leader
· Good organization skills and good optimization of the working environment
· Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly.
· Natural ability for problem-solving
· Ability to communicate with experimental biologists, computer scientists and non-scientists
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal
· Enjoys teamwork, team player. (SCRUM framework)
· Compensation: based on experience
· Type of contract: permanent position
· Start of contract: ASAP
· Location: Auzeville Tolosane, France (partial homeworking)
CV, motivation letters and references must be sent with the reference DAT-2022-DataPlatformManager
Procédure : CV, motivation letters and references must be sent with the reference DAT-2022-DataPlatformManager https://careers.flatchr.io/vacancy/qgylqn1mz57nme0y-data-analytics-platform-manager
Date limite : None
Offre publiée le 22 juin 2022, affichage jusqu'au 31 juillet 2022