Research Scientist in Bioinformatics / Epigenetics in oncology
CDI · Autres Bac+8 / Doctorat, Grandes Écoles Evotec · Toulouse (France)
Date de prise de poste : 1 septembre 2022
epigenetics multiomics R machine learning data vizualisation clinical data
For our Toulouse-based team, embedded in the global community of about 80 bioinformaticians and computational biologists, we are looking for a Bioinformatics Research Scientist/Associate or Data Scientist (M/F -- Permanent) for the development of innovative bioinformatics approaches for drug discovery in the oncology field
General Summary :
We are looking for a motivated scientist to join a fast-paced, collaborative, and multidisciplinary Bioinformatics team and contribute to our collaborative drug discovery projects, by developping innovative computational approaches, data visualizations, in support to oncology multiomics projects
Missions and responsibilities :
- Research and development of novel algorithms and techniques for analysis and visualization of omics data (Mainly Epigenomics, but also Transcriptomics, Genomics, Proteomics, etc.)
- Supporting project teams in analyzing large scale omics datasets, and providing relevant insight through visualizations and interpretation of results.
- Development of high-quality tools for data analysis and automatic processing of data
- Working with researchers in interdisciplinary project teams to explain the results of your analysis and give advice on experimental design
- Presenting results in customer meetings
Knowledge, skills and abilities :
- Experience with analysis of omics data, in particular epigenomics datasets (ChIP-seq, open-chromatin accessibility assays such as ATAC-seq and others, BS-seq, etc.) and others (RNA-seq, Hi-C, etc.). Knowledge of databases (e.g. oncology databases, dataset repositories) is a plus.
- Demonstrated programming skills in R other other programming languages such as Python, Java, or C++. Experience with high-performance computing environments is a plus.
- Proven track record in programming, data science, machine-learning, computational life science, computer science, computational biology/chemistry, mathematics or statistics, and experience in the use of classical statistical methods and modern concepts, such as Bayesian statistics, bootstrapping and machine learning
- Enthusiasm for visual analytics and data science, scientific rigor and excellent analytical and synthetic capabilities, dynamic personality with passion for innovation and problem-solving and a willingness to apply core areas of knowledge to new areas of interest to Evotec and its clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the initiative to actively communicate with data producers and data users in an interdisciplinary environment, and ability to work independently and well-organized in a fast-paced work environment.
Experience and education :
PhD in bioinformatics, mathematics, computer science, or related field with proven experience in bioinformatics (>2 years in academia or private sector) using human or mouse data
Note: this a an on-site position in Toulouse, France
Please send your CV and motivation letter at https://evotecgroup.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Evotec_Career_Site/job/Toulouse/Research-Scientist-in-Bioinformatics--F-M-D-_REQ-06140
Procédure : Please apply on the company's website with your CV and motivation letter, in english.
Date limite : 31 décembre 2022
Offre publiée le 9 août 2022, affichage jusqu'au 31 décembre 2022