Computational biologist in phylodynamics
CDD · Postdoc · 24 mois Bac+8 / Doctorat, Grandes Écoles Plateforme de séquençage genEPII, Centre National de Référence des Virus Respiratoires · Lyon (France)
Date de prise de poste : 2 novembre 2022
phylodynamics phylogenetics virus
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher, specialized in viral phylodynamics. The main aim of the project is to define and implement phylogenetic and phylodynamic methods to better monitor viral epidemics (SARS-CoV-2 and other respiratory viruses).
Projects will focus on:
- Implementation of phylodynamic methods to monitor within-outbreak pathogen dynamics, to study the local spread of specific viral lineages (known or emergent) and to estimate key epidemiological parameters.
- Clusters investigation using phylogenetic analysis, with the aim to help understand pathogen spread (identification of source and drivers of outbreaks, validation of nosocomial transmission).
Contract: 2 years.
- PhD in genomics, population genetics, bioinformatics, computational biology, or biostatistics
- Experience with maximum-likelihood and Bayesian phylogenetic methods
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (R, python)
- A strong track record in phylodynamics is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and a record of self-directed, innovative research
You will join the GenEPII sequencing platform https://genepii.univ-lyon1.fr located in the Hopital de la Croix Rousse (69004 Lyon) within the Hospices Civils de Lyon. The team includes microbiologists, bioinformaticians, engineers and technicians working on microbiology genomics. The platform is associated with four National Reference Centers (NRC), including the NRC for respiratory viruses and has been heavily involved in SARS-CoV-2 genome sequencing. The lab has on-site robotic sample processing, high-throughput computing resources as well as next-gen sequencing facilities (NextSeq, NovaSeq, oxford nanopore gridion).
How to apply:
Please send an email to Dr Laurence Josset (firstname.lastname@example.org) attaching the following documents:
- A cover letter
- A curriculum vitae
- Contact information for 3 references
If you have any questions please contact Dr Laurence Josset (email@example.com)
Applications will be accepted until October 15th. Start date would ideally be early November 2022.
Procédure : Please send an email to Dr Laurence Josset (firstname.lastname@example.org) attaching the following documents: • A cover letter • A curriculum vitae • Contact information for 3 references
Date limite : 15 octobre 2022
Offre publiée le 12 septembre 2022, affichage jusqu'au 15 octobre 2022