Bioinformatics scientist (transcriptomics & epigenomics) (M/F)
CDD · IR · 18 mois Bac+5 / Master Institut Curie : Diversity and Plasticity of Chilhood Tumors (DePiCT) - U830 · paris (France) according to the current grids
Date de prise de poste : 1 novembre 2022
NGS cancer transcriptomics epigenetics
The hosting structure
The Institut Curie Research Center
Institut Curie is a major player in the research and fight against cancer. It consists of a Hospital Group and a Research Center of more than 1000 employees with a strong international representativeness.
The objective of the Research Center is to develop basic research and to use the knowledge produced to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapeutics of cancers as part of the continuum between basic research and innovation serving the patient.
Our team is mainly working on 2 paediatrics cancers, Ewing sarcoma and Neuroblastoma. In order to better understand and characterize these cancers, our team generates and explores a large quantity of omics data, including transcriptomics (RNA-seq), epigenomics (ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, HiChIP) and proteomics. We are also interested in exploring tumoral heterogeneity through single cell approaches. For more information, please visit our website: https://institut-curie.org/team/delattre.
The candidate will benefit from daily exchanges with the 3 staff bioinformatics scientists and with wet the lab scientists in our team. In addition, she/he will benefit from the state of the art bioinformatics infrastructure present at the institute (U900). She/he will be in charge of:
- Analyzing NGS data generated by our team, mainly RNA-seq at bulk & single cell levels (gene expression, fusion detection, differential analysis…)
- Integrating these results with other omics data (ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq…)
- Exchanging with biologists to explore the data
- Presenting these results in team meetings
Training and experience required
- Master or PhD in Data Science, Bioinformatics or related fields.
- Solid skills in handling NGS datasets
- Solid experience in bash and R/python (other programming languages are a plus)
- Experience with working on a computer cluster would be a plus
- Good experience in statistics (hypothesis testing, normalization, differential analysis…)
- Good working knowledge in transcriptomics and/or cancer biology would be a plus
- Aptitude for working in a team and exchanging with team members
- Good skills in written and oral English would be a plus (knowing French is not necessary if the candidate has a good level in English)
Procédure : Please send your CV, letter of motivation and 2 references to Olivier Delattre (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date limite : 8 octobre 2022
Offre publiée le 15 septembre 2022, affichage jusqu'au 8 octobre 2022