Computational Genomics Scientist
CDI · Ingénieur autre Bac+5 / Master Syngenta Seeds · Saint-Sauveur (France)
Date de prise de poste : 1 février 2023
Agriculture, Bioinformatique, Python, genomique, grid computing, database, version control system, plant
Computational Genomics Scientist
- Saint-Sauveur, France
Syngenta Seeds is one of the world’s largest developers and producers of seed for farmers, commercial growers, retailers and small seed companies. Syngenta seeds improve the quality and yields of crops. High-quality seeds ensure better and more productive crops, which is why farmers invest in them. Advanced seeds help mitigate risks such as disease and drought and allow farmers to grow food using less land, less water and fewer inputs.
Syngenta Seeds brings farmers more vigorous, stronger, resistant plants, including innovative hybrid varieties and biotech crops that can thrive even in challenging growing conditions.
Syngenta Seeds is headquartered in the United States.
We are seeking a genomic data scientist contributing to the development of innovative bioinformatics solutions for managing, analyzing, and visualizing large volumes of genomic data in order to enable trait research and discovery. The successful candidate will work in a multidisciplinary, collaborative, and result oriented group providing computational biology support, training on existing platforms, and consultation services to Syngenta researchers. Our research aims to discover and deliver novel Native, GM, GE traits to improve crop quality and performance.
The successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with the research community.
This opportunity is a permanent, full-time position.
- Be an active member of a scientific group focused on the design and development of innovative bioinformatics methods to manage, annotate, explore, and visualize genomic data.
- Participate to the maintenance and the development of existing genomics platforms (software and database).
- Remain abreast on current and emerging computational biology technologies and tools in genomics
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, including the ability to gather detailed requirements from stakeholders
- Query and retrieve information from genomic and annotation databases. Incorporate newly generated or public omics data sets into large-scale databases
- MS with minimum 2+ years of experience* in computational biology or bioinformatics with at least one publication demonstrating the use or development of computational biology applications in genomics.
- *Experience analyzing large-scale genomic sequencing data or genomic and gene annotation data, including gene prediction methods or genomic data visualization (i.e.,genome browser).
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with the use of open-source bioinformatics applications employing ontologies, pathways, protein domains, or other ‘Omics’ data at genomic scales.
- Proficiency in the use of UNIX/Linux and its command-line environment, including scripting (Python or Perl)
- Proficiency in grid computing (e.g. Univa, Slurm, etc.)
- Familiarity working with database management system (e.g. MongoDB, Oracle, MariaDB, PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity working with version control system (e.g. Git, CVS, SVN,etc).
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Procédure : Apply on: https://smrtr.io/ccBv3
Date limite : 3 janvier 2023
Offre publiée le 22 novembre 2022, affichage jusqu'au 3 janvier 2023