Software Developer - Lab Automation
CDD · IE · 36 mois Bac+5 / Master Micalis (INRAE & AgroParisTech) · Jouy-en-Josas (France)
Date de prise de poste : 1 avril 2023
Synthetic Biology, Metabolic Engineering, Cell-Free Systems, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Lab Automation
We are seeking a candidate to work on software, Galaxy nodes and workflow developments for Biotechnology. The candidate’s tasks include:
- Benchmarking tools we have already installed on the Galaxy-SynBioCAD (https://galaxy-synbiocad.org) portal.
- Developing new tools and workflows to design solutions to synthesize molecules in microorganisms and to implement these solutions on robotized workstations.
- Other developments (planned according to the candidate’s skills).
The candidate will take part in research projects funded by the French funding research agency (ANR) and the EU (H2020) at the Micalis Institute. Micalis (INRAE & AgroParisTech, https://www.micalis.fr) is a research unit of more than 350 researchers developing multidisciplinary approaches and promoting microbial systems biology towards the development of synthetic biology applications for health and biotechnology. Within Micalis, the recruiting research team (~20 staff spread into both wet and dry labs, https://www.jfaulon.com) specializes in developing computed aided design tools for biotechnology. The candidate will closely collaborate with Research Engineers in Bioinformatics, and interact with experimental Research Scientists, Engineers and PhD fellows.
- Master's or Engineering degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or Computational Chemistry.
- Strong programming skills.
- Prior knowledge in Conda and workflow management systems (Galaxy, Snakemake…).
- Good knowledge of Unix-like OSs, testing practices and Git versioning are required.
- Knowledge in continuous integration paradigms is a plus.
3. Contract and Salary
- Fixed-term contract of 36 months, in accordance with the French legislation.
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Procédure : The position is available from 01/04/2023. To apply, please submit the following to joan.herisson[at]univ-evry.fr and thomas.duigou[at]inrae.fr: Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Contact details of references (at least 2).
Date limite : None
Offre publiée le 14 février 2023, affichage jusqu'au 14 avril 2023