Bioinformatics engineer position in genomics
CDD · IE · 60 mois Bac+5 / Master Institut Curie · Paris (France)
Date de prise de poste : 1 mars 2023
DNA Replication, Genome Instability, NGS, Single-molecule sequencing/imaging
The hosting structure
The Institut Curie Research Center
Institut Curie is a major player in the research and fight against cancer. It consists of a Hospital Group and a Research Center of more than 1000 employees with a strong international representativeness.
The objective of the Research Center is to develop basic research and to use the knowledge produced to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapeutics of cancers as part of the continuum between basic research and innovation serving the patient.
We are looking for motivated bioinformatics engineer to join our team “Replication Program and Genome Instability” (https://institut-curie.org/team/chen) at the Institut Curie, Paris, France. The team focuses on using cutting-edge high-throughput genomic approaches and genome-wide data analyses to study the spatio-temporal replication program of the human genome and how replication stress impacts on genome stability in normal and cancer cells, in population as well as at single molecule/cell level. Leveraging on our expertise in high-throughput single molecule/cell data analysis, our Impulscience project of the Fondation Bettencourt Schueller (https://www.fondationbs.org/en/life-sciences/impulsciencer/discover-2022s-laureates) aims to develop original interdisciplinary methodologies by combining cutting edge high-throughput single molecule/cell imaging/sequencing, mathematical/computational modelling and bioinformatics analyses.
- Collect and conduct analysis on 2nd and/or 3rd generation sequencing data (related to replication, transcription and chromatin programs, etc.);
- Collect and conduct analysis on high-throughput single-molecule data;
- Process different types of large-scale data with established procedures using dedicated softwares (e.g. fastQC, Bowtie/BWA, Samtools, TopHat/STAR, Picard tools, Bedtools, DESeq/EdgeR, MACS, etc.) and/or in-house scripts;
- Create and test scripts/algorithms/softwares to analyze original data and perform statistical tests on the results in a reproductible manner (following FAIR principles);
- Present the obtained results (orally and writing) in English.
Brison O., et al. Nat. Commun. 10:5693 (2019)
Promonet A., et al. Nat. Commun. 11:3940 (2020)
Wang, W. et al. Mol. Cell, 81, 2975-2988.e6 (2021)
Gnan, S., et al. Nat. Commun., 13, 2329 (2022)
Emerson, Nature. 606:812–819 (2022)
Li J., et al. Cell, 186:98-111.e21 (2023)
Liu Y., Nucleic Acids. Res. gkac1239 (2023)
Contraints and risks (to be cancelled if not necessary)
- Short periods of travel (to participate in trainings and/or meetings).
- Sitting for a long period of time.
Training and experience required
- Applicant should hold a master or engineer degree in bioinformatics or related areas.
- The candidate should have good knowledge of bioinformatics/biology and a strong interest in genome biology.
- Experience with NGS data analysis is a plus.
- Language skills: good language level and communication skills (English).
- The candidate should have solid programming skills (Python/R/C++).
- Ability to work independently, managerial abilities, aptitude for working in a team.
- The candidate should be highly motivated, curious and enthusiastic to work in a collaborative team/environment.
All our opportunities are open to people with disabilities
Type of contract: Fixed-term contract
Starting date: Since 1 Mars 2023
Duration: up to 5 years (1-year renewable contract)
Working time: full time
Remuneration: according to the current grids
Benefits: Collective catering, reimbursement of transportation fees up to 70%, supplementary health insurance
Location of the position: Paris
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and 2 references, to C.L. Chen (email@example.com).
Institut Curie is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer
and is dedicated to the highest standards of research integrity.
Procédure : Please send your CV, letter of motivation and 2 references, to C.L. Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Date limite : 30 juin 2023
Offre publiée le 16 février 2023, affichage jusqu'au 30 juin 2023