Engineer in computational biology: Generative AI for Genome Engineering
CDD · Ingénieur autre · 12 mois (renouvelable) Bac+5 / Master Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle · Paris (France) between 2000 and 2600 euros
Date de prise de poste : 8 janvier 2024
DNA sequence, generative AI, epigenetics, DNA repeats
The Arche Team at the MNHN Paris is at the forefront of genomic research, specializing in the in vivo manipulation of DNA sequences and epigenetic marks. Our mission is to unravel the mysteries of genome function and regulation to drive advancements in natural history, biotechnology and medicine. We are seeking a computational engineer to join our dynamic team and contribute to groundbreaking research in the field of generative AI for genome writing.
Recent advances in DNA sequencing have led to an explosion of fully sequenced genomes, presenting exciting opportunities for understanding genetic function and regulation. Our project focuses on developing cutting-edge computational tools and deep learning models to analyze experimental data and predict crucial aspects of genome function, such as nucleosome positions, epigenetic modifications, and gene transcription. By harnessing the power of generative AI, we aim to revolutionize genome writing, enabling the design of novel sequences with tailored properties.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to analyze experimental data and integrate diverse genomic information.
- Develop and implement state-of-the-art deep learning models for predicting genome annotations and functional marks.
- Work on computational deep mutational screaming approaches to predict the effects of individual mutations on genome annotations.
- Contribute to the design and execution of experiments to validate model predictions and improve accuracy.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in generative AI, genomics, and related fields to drive innovation.
- Master's or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a related field.
- Strong programming skills in Python and experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Solid understanding of genomics, DNA sequencing techniques, and biological data analysis.
- Previous experience with generative AI, machine learning, and big data analysis is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in data visualization and interpretation to communicate results effectively.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team.
- Opportunity to work at the forefront of genomic research in a prestigious institution.
- Collaborative and innovative work environment fostering personal and professional growth.
- Access to cutting-edge technologies and resources for genomic analysis.
- Location in the vibrant and culturally rich city of Paris.
The MNHN Paris is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
Procédure : To apply, please submit your CV, a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and motivation for joining our team, and contact information for two professional references. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date limite : 1 novembre 2023
Offre publiée le 15 août 2023, affichage jusqu'au 1 novembre 2023